Thursday, December 30, 2004

MELLIPOP HAS GIRL GERMS

Ok, so Anton and I have been dealing with the fraught question of toothbrush ettiquette of late, and frankly, I think he’s being a big wussy girl about it.

To me, a toothbrush is a toothbrush. If it’s in the bathroom, you use it. As long as we’re already swapping bodily fluids anyway, I don’t see why I shouldn’t be able to use Anton’s toothbrush, and vice versa. This apparently, is the source of some disgust and revulsion on his behalf.

I mean, this is the same guy that gets all squeamish when I use the lipstick testers at K-mart, issuing stern warnings about cold sores, Hep A and herpes. But this is also the same guy that lets his DOG drink directly from the lip of his water bottle and then takes a swig himself, lets his DOG give him big sloppy kisses smack on the lips, lets his DOG lick our dinner plates clean and showcases a neat trick whereby his DOG takes a piece of food right from out of his open mouth.

THIS DOG IS A HABITUAL POO-EATER!

THIS DOG HAS EATEN DIRTY TAMPONS!

And I’m supposed to NOT be offended when he is disgusted that I would dare to put his pristine toothbrush in my goddamn filthy Tester-lipstick-infected mouth.

Anyway, Anton’s principle complaint when confronted on the issue is that he DOESN’T LIKE USING A WET TOOTHBRUSH. Naturally, I concede, it is wet after I have used it. But my point is, you have to apply water to the toothbrush for it to work effectively. The water plays a vital role in acting as a catalyst for the toothpaste to create a lather. This is an essential aspect of the cleaning process.

To quote from the Macquarie dictionary:

LATHER: Foam or froth made from SOAP (read: toothpaste) and WATER.

The entire process just does not work without water. And using water necessarily entails using a WET TOOTHBRUSH.

But it doesn’t end there. Crazy Old Anton has a couple of other very weird toothbrushing habits. Hey why not? We’re all friends here, right!

1) Instead of moving the toothbrush from side to side in a brushing manner, he SHAKES HIS WHOLE HEAD rapidly from side to side instead!

2) He SWALLOWS THE FOAM after rinsing!

And being the eternal winner in the one-upmanship stakes, Anton came up with a novel display the other day, intended to deter me forever more from putting his toothbrush in my mouth. Let's just say that the said toothbrush made a couple of unseemly visits down both the front and back of Anton's daks, sullied forever by its contact with some very sweaty cracks, sacs and crevices.

Yeah… And I’m the disgusting one…

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is hillarious. I can totally relate.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Disappearing Boy said...

Well ... this post officially confirms it. After all those years of sexual tension, post-HQ close calls and the whole 'do-we-don't-we' Melbourne trip (not to mention Pathetic Loser Boy 'Zine *s*) I'm glad you and I never *did* 'hook up' my dear Mellipop. If only I'd known you were a toothbrush coveter back then, I wouldn't have wasted all those years carrying a torch for you ! ;P

Seriously though ... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think Anton may have a small point. It's perfectly acceptable to wake up in the morning and find one of your partner's pubic hairs stuck between your teeth ... we've all done it. But finding some of their festering old food gunk clinging in glutinous globs to your still-soggy toothbrush when you go to remove said hair ... that's just frikkin wrong !

So is swapping saliva with tampon-munching staffies via bottlenecks and the like ... but that's just anoher dimension of weirdness entirely.

Your midget IS being a big wussy girl about the lipstick testers though. I've used 'em hundreds of times and haven't caught anything yet ;)

7:32 AM  
Blogger Disappearing Boy said...

Oh and yeah, Anton if you're reading this - don't worry, I know I'm a midget too brother. Thank god "TALL, dark and interesting" isn't a pre-requisite for every girl. Oh ... wait ... I'm not dark either ... shit, I think I know where I've been going wrong all these years ! Can someone pass me the tan-accelerant ?

7:40 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

The lipstick testers are fine if you put it on your finger FIRST and then smudge it on your lip. This helps to disinfect and sanitise the lipstick...??

Anton really should be careful what he says to you, I have heard horrid stories of where toothbrushes have been WITHOUT the owners knowledge.. I mean it's kinda like abusing the 16yo guy at McDonalds before he gives you your Big MAc.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Lady Meerkat said...

Have never applied tester lippy to mouth always to my thumb pad, or back of hand or inner arm whatever looks closeest to my lip tone. I never knew people actually applied them to their LIPS!

I've got this dry spot on my lower lip that won't go away. It's near a mole, (ahhhh cancer! but I wear sun protection lip blam dammit it) will get Dr to check it out - hope I haven't caught something off the didgeridoos at work!

Share a roll-on deodourant yes, tooth brush no. Mouth to mouth contact with shit-eating, tampon-munching dog - NO. If dog didn't do either of these things it is not so bad. I've read that dogs have less bacteria in their mouths than most people. I find this hard to believe though. Haven't read it in New Scientist so until I do, take that with a pinch of salt.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

That's the killer - you just CAN'T use the tester on any other body part, it needs to go on your PINK BITS so you can get an accurate gauge of colour.


Not THOSE pink bits, you dirty buggers....

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

site is www.christmas-mall-online.com

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to have found your blog. I was in the mood for a chloe handbags related site, but not a bad find.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked reading this. Great comments. Do have a excellent week.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your writing style. Well done. Go have a great week.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home