Sunday, July 23, 2006

MELLIPOP AND THE MISSING PERSONS

Ok, so this isn't a "proper" Mellipop post, per se, but a shout-out for a few "missing" compadres.

Busty - Where and how the hell are you sport? Anton has tried calling your number but it's disconnected????

Graham and Kylie - We've left a phone message for y'all, but no answer. I bumped into Hazel yesterday and she tells me that you're not using your work email anymore Kyles?

It's ironic that in these days of wireless-bluetooth-SMS-email-internet-mobile phone-mega-mass-communication overload, you can actually lose touch with anyone.... I fucking hate the global village. I want the pre-industrial, no technology, town hall, one pub, three main streets, white picket peering-over-your-neighbours-fences style village.

Fuck this friends in far-flung places, high-flying, high falutin' postmodern society bullshit. Maybe I should just buddy-up with the shirtless Pakistani dentist next door as he works on his client's dentures in the garage.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Intersting Blog this one.... I left you a message on ur home answering machine last Wednesday... Where is my return phone call !!!

Have BIG news to tell you !!!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are here :))
So glad I decided to check in with you girl. As much as I do like Melbourne I have been in a state of shock having completely uprooted myself from all that (as it turns out) I loved in Sydney to a place where I have no friends and I am living with my mother-in-law. My way of dealing with this new STAGE of my life is to completely ignore/forget my old life because everytime I picked up the phone to call someone it ended in tears!!
Miss you heaps and ignore Hazel - my new world email does still work and you know my number ;))
k&g x

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out Mellipop.....my new occupation no longer lets me spend long hours on the internet as in my past life so I have been MIA on that front.......all is well but as K has written she ain't coping with no house/ crap weather and friends not around the corner....well not that you were that close anyway :).....still we will sort it all out and soldier on :)......(now why did we move to Melbourne??)...have a good one Mellipop and give a big sloppy kiss to Anton and the hell hounds :).......G

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home