Monday, June 19, 2006

MELLIPOP NEEDS CLARIFICATION

Ok, so what is the etymology of the word "dis"?

I used it in in my last post, though I'm not entirely sure of the origin of the word. I am aware that in context, it ultimately translates to "criticise", or more colloquially, "take the piss", but am keen to be appprised of the lingustic origin.

I am also somewhat amused that I am writing this pissed, and cannot command the motor skills to type reasonably simple words like "ultimately" and "the", but still have enough command of my vocabulary to pull out words like "linguistic", "apprised" and "etymology" even though it currently takes more than a few attempts to actually spell them correctly...

Henceforth it shall be determined that I am far more intelligent with a few ales under my belt. I just require a few extra keystrokes to demonstrate this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicholas said...

contraction of "disrespect", i believe...?

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disrespect or dismiss?

Love the drunken post, whoo hoo! You go giiirl, bring it!! Haha...

Aimz

10:53 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Ha ha - how bleeding obvious was that?

Hence beautifully contradicting my drunken assertion that I am an intelligent drunk....

Thanks for clearing that one up!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home