Sunday, August 28, 2005

MELLIPOP HATES POLITICS

Ok, so I think what this country needs is some good old fashioned witch hunts to kick in.

Starting with every motherfucker who voted for the Howard Government. Sorry Mum, but my finger points first at you. But that's only because no-one else I know will come clean and admit their guilt.

You have all been part of the biggest con perpetrated on the Australian people, well, EVER. What is WRONG with you people? Give me one good reason (besides interest rates - or should that be "self-interest") that you voted for this bottom feeding ass fellating apologist for the ruling elite, not just in this country, but in the whole world ie the United States of Terror.

Good old Johnny is out there kicking goals for all of us. But he's using our heads, people. And I say "our" because presumably those most benefited by Johnny Howard's regime are all out supervising some underpaid illegal immigrant who is out buffing their Beemer ("Make it shine real good you little chink, or I'll have you shipped off to Woomera faster than you can blink") or planning their next round of redundancies ("If we cut 3000 jobs on Monday, that'll hold me in good stead for another non-CPI indexed payrise with share options"), so probably don't log on much to Mellipop.

Industrial relations "reforms" that leave the individual at the mercy (or lack thereof) of their employers, the complete privatisation of Telstra, the embarrassing toadying to the US in foreign affairs, vile and divisive immigration policies that evoke the racism of White Australia, sending our troops off to wage war on a sovereign nation that has never once threated our sovereignty, funding cuts to basic social services and education, paving the way for full fee paying degrees to give the rich a monopoly on access tertiary education, ignoring Australian citizens locked up for years in overseas gaols without charges laid against them or access to legal assistance, the constant laying of the boot into single mothers, the scary alliances with the Christian right, tax relief to the highest income bracket...

I want someone who voted for Howard to post a comment naming one benefit this has accrued to them. One that does NOT include the "Cash for Kids" baby bonus. I really want to know, and promise not to shout anyone down who has any comments to make.

Why did middle Australia vote for this ass clown in the first place? And then why did they continue to vote for him the other two times after that? I am genuinely mystified and appalled. Admittedly, the Labour party offered no real alternative or vision. But why did the working and middle classes jump so readily into bed with the Liberals?

Bah. This country is fucked. No more political posts, promise.

This is all your fault nightrider! I'm having that comments problem again. So consider this my response!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you anwsered your own question in the third last paragraph. There simply was no other option! I am a hard core Labor voter but last time we voted I was scared shitless to have that moron run the country. As bad as Johnny H is ... he had experience.

Besides... Don't fool your self here. We don't have a right and a left option in Australia... Much like in America there is a RIGHT and an EXTREME RIGHT.

What pisses me off is the we killed hundreds of thousands of people even our own by sending them to war,,,,, all in the name of OIL.. Then how come I am paying a dolal fucking thirty a litre?!?!?!?!

(selfish me:p)

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mel,

Sorry to be an iconoclast. I find John Howard to be a world class statesman. He stood beside my beloved nation in their time of need. Towers were falling. John Howard was there, offering a frightened America the support of his nation.

America shall not forget him, or the nation he represents. America, without fear, is seeking its foes. The enemy will emerge under overturned stones and perish. A friendship of nations shall weather this storm.

John Howard is America's friend. John Howard is my friend.

Cheers,

Mike

6:26 PM  
Blogger night-rider said...

Thanks for the support Mellipop. We could do with more 'apolitical' people who write as eloquently as you commenting on the politics of this country... and thanks for adding all the other bastard acts I'd overlooked in the heat of the moment.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god i hope mikes comment is a joke.
John Howard is a very small, limp penis.
-bree

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Baby
I don't want to post a comment on politics. Forget about my Votes for the Libral Party. I'm a baby boomer thats my excuse. I want to comment on your " Hair " post. I still have scissors and the bowl..could have fitted a hair cut in on Sunday..for free.

Love ya
Mum

6:50 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Like I'm gonna let some dirty Liberal voter cut my hair...! I'll probably end up looking like Amanda bloody Vanstone.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home