Monday, August 29, 2005

MELLIPOP AND THE JOB OFFER

Ok, so I got offered a fantastic job today, completely out of the blue, putting paid to the sinister lie that unsolicited spam is the scourge of modern mass communications.

Opening with the warm yet not overly familiar greeting “Dear human being”, I knew straight away that I was onto a winner.

Dispensing with all other social niceties, the email went all out to forward me a fantastic employment offer. I can be my own boss and work from home, for only 2 to 3 hours a day. The only requirement is that I am “smart and honest”. Tick and tick. Plus I’m an Aussie citizen, over 21 and am a computer and email user. Tick, tock, tick on the Playschool clock.

So what does this dream job entail exactly? They were a bit scant on the details, but did reveal that I will be “Fulfilling company orders until we open an office in your country” and that “Your line of work will be tied to the banking system”. Sounds pretty sweet. I always fancied a role in the dynamic yet rewarding world of global capital.

However, there is one small glitch, no doubt due to the logistical nightmares involved in setting up a completely kosher multinational banking-system order-sending-out corporation. The poor buggers are keen to open a business account, but it requires two weeks. Damn banks and their paper pushing bureaucractic ineptitude. No doubt my new employers will be kicking against the pricks to revolutionise the entire way that banking systems operate on an international scale. Once they get that damn business account open, that is.

But rest assured that some initial hassles with paperwork isn’t going to stop me from commencing employment with them, because my new bosses are a proactive bunch, stating “Therefore you will be working with your own bank account”. And it gets better - “If you don't have a bank account, that's no problem! Any bank takes just one day to open a new account!” These guys are obviously a forward-thinking solutions-oriented organisation.

Mmm…though it makes you wonder why these bastards in banking take TWO WEEKS to open a simple damn business account when they will open one for me in JUST ONE DAY. Go figure.

So anyway, here’s the 411 on how I make my dough. I’ll make a sweet 10% from every transaction made to my account - “The least amount of transfers will be 5000$, so you will make from 250$ to 2500$”. Not bad for doing sweet FA – though I’m not sure that those figures really add up. Isn’t 10% of $5000 a total of $500? Not $250. Maybe it’s those damn banks and their account keeping fees. Bloody criminals.

“Do you agree that it's good money for a job, that takes you only 2-3 hours a day?” Do I even have to answer? Hell yes! Sign me up! And boy, were they ever keen to.

“Don't hesitate! Take this opportunity, space is limited!
You must fill out our form if you are interested in working for us and meet our requirements http://spectrumdevelopments.com/info.html”

God I hope I get this one - I've got a pretty good vibe about it. I wonder if this mob are affiliated with www.nigerian-internet-fraud.com? Those guys make shitloads of money.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicholas said...

hey, that url doesn't work. stop being a job hog. share the wealth.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Damn! I did just double check that. Maybe they got busted today by an international anti-internet fraud agency or something...

8:24 PM  
Blogger Disappearing Boy said...

Wow, this sounds almost as good as the guys I had a job 'interview' with in the lobby of the Sydney Hilton on George Street once ! They wanted me to develop a website for their pyramid scheme ... err I mean product distribution organisation ... and of course they also expected an initial monetry outlay "in good faith" from me which would cover my "entry" into the scheme itself, although I was guaranteed to "reap the returns many times over" from other peoples "exit fees".

I was soooo cut when they didn't call me back ... some other lucky bastard must have won that tender. I can't help thinking my refusal to part with cash there and then in the lobby had something to do with it ...

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mel,

Yeah, and the penis enlargement ones are bogus too! Wait, did I say that out loud?

Mike

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I thought my penis was looking a bit bigger....

Hmm, this job makes so much sense that I'm signing up myself. I do however need a cash advance to set up my office. Are you willing to lend me a few grand, just till Christmas?

Seeya in Sydney ;)

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Blog. It's nice . If you ever need site penis enlargement related stuff, I'm sure you'd be interested in site penis enlargement.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home