Monday, July 11, 2005

MELLIPOP AND THE ABYSS

Ok, so I have just one question for this rancid stinkhole of a city.

Who's dick do you have to suck to get a motherfucking job in this town?

So post-engagement euphoria has given way to more zany Mellipop poverty-line hijinks. Less than a week after popping the question, Anton got sacked from his job. Walked on the spot. Get your slimy Sydney arse out of here. Stick that up your "Sydney Fund".

My beloved has now sunk even lower on the evolutionary scale. Having been ousted from the penultimate rung on the ladder of human filth (otherwise known to man as the Genus "Car Salesman"), he has since interviewed for positions as a) a vacuum cleaner salesman (yes, they still have those apparently) and b) a waitress on $15 an hour, plus tips. Here's a tip for you son. GET THE FUCK OUT OF PERTH.

So in between standing on the breadline and prostrating ourselves before the callous lash of the unemployment whip, not much else has been going on. Except for a brief but terrifying unplanned pregnancy scare which saw me reduced to pissing on preg-test sticks, praying for my period and hoping to god that my burgeoning "baby bump" was little more than an acute case of water retention or a slight thickening around the middle due to the usual slight winter weight gain (goddamn supermarket tabloid mags and your fucking "baby bump" hysteria).

Thankfully, my period made a fashionably (two-week) late apppearance, for the first time ever in the history of my acquaintance with Aunty Flo. God's idea of a practical joke, I suppose. That fucker. Great timing, though. The true essence of a well-delivered joke.

Hence my absence from Mellipop of late. Not much humour value in any of that. That's all I've got.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tough break dude.

Aunty Flo? Eastern states mensturation slang?

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pregnancy tests are much like STD blood tests: If the anwser is Positive... you are fucked!

GET_BACK_TO_SYDNEY :((.....

2:12 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Nah - just a girl thing....

Busty - LOL!!!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunty Flo. Haven't heard that one. I soemtimes say crimson tide. A coworker calls it pyramids :P

7:14 PM  
Blogger Disappearing Boy said...

| Ok, so I have just one question for this rancid stinkhole of a city. |

You know, I remember when you first came back from your week-long 'scouting mission' to Perth prior to the move, and the praise with which you were filled for the town. My, how time changes things !

Unfortunately, that's the thing about Sydney. It's a complete rat-race, full of superficial arseholes - but while places like Perth or Melbourne are nicer to live in, the employment situation will always favour Sydney.

Nonetheless - you guys HAD to get away for a while and try it somewhere else, like I think all Sydney-siders do at some point. We all understand - and props to you guys for giving it a go. Hope you make it back to the rat-race soon !

11:06 AM  
Blogger Disappearing Boy said...

On the bright side - when you DO finally make it back, I think you'll find you're more 'at peace' with Sydney and living in it, even with its negative aspects. Speaking from experience, I found the same thing when I moved back from Melbourne. Took a little longer in my case of course since I was still dating someone who lived in Melbourne - but eventually, I found to my own chagrin that I *do* enjoy living in Sydney these days.

11:12 AM  
Blogger night-rider said...

Gulp!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:|
Hmm, I can't help but think I would have blogged a pregnancy scare as it was happening - y'know, a bit of live coverage... not that we'll ever get the chance to try it IRL.

All the best but. Chin up :)

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,

Good to see the keys are "clikkity clackin' again!"

Yep, some days the poo rains so heavily one needs a sombrero.

Hey, maybe we can get Anton onboard with the good - old MC crew? Now, we have to think of ways to lower his IQ so he will fit in with us. Huuummmmm . . . Maybe you can start, right now, by making him watch "Three Stooges" videos. Tell him to pay careful attention to Larry. We have enough Moes and Curlys. Also, you can further prepare him by going to Perth Zoo today! Both of you linger by the chimpanzee exhibit. He can gather survival skills there.

I'm serious. We might be able to pull this off! Whaddya think? Vaccuum cleaners suck!

Cheers,

Mike

5:20 AM  
Blogger Disappearing Boy said...

Oi ! Pull your finger out, Love !

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home