Tuesday, May 10, 2005

MELLIPOP GOT NOTHIN'

Ok, so I have seen only the first episode of Big Brother Season 5, and am certain that I have already slashed my meagre 116 IQ in half. I feel tangibly dumber for having witnessed it.

Alas, I have been struggling to come up with a post for two hours now, and am still no closer to achieving my usual level of (ha ha) intelligent social critique. Plus I have just under 10 minutes to do this before the next episode begins, which I am watching under the dubious guise of “behavioural observation”.

Already it has its sinister tentacles wrapped firmly around both frontal lobes - for at least the next three months anyway - before all memory of its participants are well and truly erased. Had the producers been recruiting from within the ranks of the Third Reich ruling elite, they could not have assembled a more unlikeable or obnoxious group of individuals. At least the Nazis had ideals, however warped and repulsive. Ideals presuppose some level of cognitive activity. Though I have yet to see any evidence of this in amongst the BB Season 5 rabble.

I got nothing. I will duly post and subsequently remove for posterity’s sake.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

......in regards to BB there are the people that watch and then there are the people that don't but still seem to know everything about the show......not that there is much to know :)......BB does lead to a general dumbing down of the population but hey it's better than Home and Away and Neighbours.......and that trash has been running for 20 years...at least this only runs for 3 months and year.....so are the Mellipop faithful going to be neglected once again now that you have lost half your cognitive brain capacity :).....get back on track Mel :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I'll keep trying babe, if you keep reading. You gotta stand by me through the good times and the bad!!!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After seeing Gretel parading her geriatric schtick in those noisy commercials I'm quite certain that Big Brother is going fascist this year. The Diary Room will consist in a table with a human-skin lamp on... and they'll be set tasks like goosestepping in formation and burning literature. The much-vaunted 'impostor' will be Jewish; and it will all end in a bikini-clad mirror-pannelled gas shower holocaust.

IMHO, anyway.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After seeing Gretel parading her geriatric schtick in those noisy commercials I'm quite certain that Big Brother is going fascist this year. The Diary Room will consist in a table with a human-skin lamp on... and they'll be set tasks like goosestepping in formation and burning literature. The much-vaunted 'impostor' will be Jewish; and it will all end in a bikini-clad mirror-pannelled gas shower holocaust.

IMHO, anyway.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Ha ha, you are SO naughty!!!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home