Thursday, May 26, 2005

MELLIPOP GETS PERSPECTIVE

Ok, so my parents weren't screening me the other night when I called to whine about my miserable doggone life (pun intended). My Mum had been at the hospital, as my Pop had taken a turn for the worse.

So there I was, having finally got to speak with my Mum, and without drawing a breath, I launched into a ten minute rantathon about the damage wrought by the dogs at home. Having exhausted my deep vein of irritation and general woe, I let my mother into the conversation long enough to find out about my Pop being taken to hospital. And there I was raving about some cheap fucking lino like it was the biggest fucking tragedy since the Twin Towers.

Kind of put things into perspective, really....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mel, I hope he's ok. Just in case you didn't know, everyone at New World is thinking of you guys.

xx Aimz

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you pure thing. If there's one thing worse that being screened, it's death.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or, the threat thereof. Didn't mean to be insensitive there...

*Realises why it's better to log in and post comments*

1:03 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Sorry - just to clarify for those who know him personally - it's not my father that is ill, but my grandfather.

Thanks guys xx

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home