Monday, March 14, 2005

MELLIPOP GETS CENSORED

Ok, so some of you have noticed that I have removed the venomous "Real Estate Agents Are (ahem..) Critters" post, in a cowardly act of self-censorship I hoped would have gone unnoticed and un-commented on.

Why?

Well, after the heady buzz of extreme irritation and four VBs had worn off, re-reading the post made me cringe. A few years ago I would have framed and hung the darn thing as a piece of pure genius. But I was much angrier then. I liked being angry and scary. I'm kind of over it now.

Maybe I'm becoming tame and mellow in my old years, but sustaining that level of anger over anything is just far too tiresome. I might post the bugger again, at the request of nightrider (P.S. I STILL can't get the comments on your blog to work) but I think I'll take the scalpel to it a bit first.

Or at least substitute the word "critters" for "cunts". I hate that fucking word.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your work Mel. Although, I have to say that I enjoyed that post more in its original form. If you can't swear vociferously on your own blog then when can you (don't answer that!)

Love Aimz xx

10:58 AM  
Blogger Lady Meerkat said...

I don't like that word either, and avoid using it in any form. Reducing it to 'critter' takes a literary punch in the face down to a tap on the shoulder.

What do you think of these;
twit, git, idiot, nematode, smeg head, slime bucket, ulcer, abcese, pustule, scab, pimple, maggot, leech, parasite, troglodite, knob?

4:48 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I must say that "knob" happens to be a personal favourite of mine...

While elegantly poetic, if you really want to piss someone off, you simply can't top throwing a couple of "cunts" around...

7:31 PM  
Blogger night-rider said...

Tee hee - I think I like it even better with 'critter' than the original - makes me smile more but that might be because I know what you mean by critter. I'm devastated you can't get my comments to work but don't ask me how to fix it -that happens to me on other people's blogs sometimes too- I looked forward to your comments. Perhaps our mutual friend who has lapsed into total blog and email oblivion can work out what needs to be done and fix it.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah how come you didn't use 'parasite' Mel? You used to love using that word... especially at work, teehee.

A x

9:46 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Ha ha I think that "parasite incident" will make a fine blog post one day. I still cringe to think about it...

P.S. "Mutual friend" - get onto it buddy!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home