Thursday, February 03, 2005

MELLIPOP BACK FROM MATERNITY LEAVE

OK, so the new puppy is a right little bastard.

For those of you who don’t already know, his name is Tonka, he is a 12 week old Staffordshire Bull Terrier from Sydney and he is the half-brother to our 2 year old Staffy, Comanche. And - as I mentioned before - he is a right little bastard of a thing, for any number of reasons:

1. I think he might be a little mentally “unhinged”. He walks around growling to himself for no reason at all, like some old homeless man on Pitt St in Sydney. No doubt the product of far too much inbreeding.

2. He is seriously hyperactive, even compared to Comanche as a pup. He has doggie ADD. Either that or he is taking some quality doggie speed.

3. He is a scientific anomaly. He excretes far in excess of what he ingests. The record so far is five pees and one elephantine poo in random areas all over the house in less than one hour. The hideous hour between 5:30 and 6:30 am in the morning, no less.

4. He has an underwear fetish. He keeps stealing my dirty g-strings from the laundry basket and chewing on them. I keep finding them squirreled away under chairs and in corners all over the house.

5. He is an incestuous sex-maniac, even at just 12 weeks. He keeps humping his sister. And the little tart lets him, even though she is three times his size. Thankfully, he has not yet discovered the simple pleasure of humping human legs.

6. He has an eating disorder. This thing hoovers food faster than I do. It takes him a matter of milliseconds to finish his dinner, then he storms over, headbutts his sister out of the way and then proceeds to finish her dinner off for her.

7. He bites. A lot. He’s currently at the perfect height to nip at my calves. Or bite my toes. He also likes fingers. He tries to chew the pendant off my necklace. And gets his teeth caught in all my earrings. And rips at my hair. He especially likes pony tails.

But, inspired by my very own Mum, I will love him anyway in that special way mothers reserve for their second-born problem children. God bless her, she loved me even though I was a right monster. And now I shall do the same!

Tonka is VERY cute, though….. I am a proud Mum. If I wasn’t such a backwards blogger I’d post a pic or two.

P.S. I am officially back from Maternity Leave and will resume Mellipop on a far more regular basis. Hopefully I will find many other new topics of interest to rant about now that the glow of motherhood has worn off. Ones that don't involve puppy poo.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You realise the only way to nip this in the bud and prevent Tonka growing up to (stay) a right little bastard is to be very firm on discipline. Not gentle and firm, just firm !

You probably didn't do enough of that with 'Manche and now she thinks she's alpha dog. Don't make the same mistake with this little bugger, or you will regret it !

8:01 AM  
Blogger Disappearing Boy said...

Why the fuck did it post my comment as 'Anonymous'. God save us from technology ...

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....nice to see you back on deck Mellipop....i would so hate to see your home now that you have 2 dogs!!!!.....i am thinking how you could discipline a staffy but far from hitting it with a cricket bat etc they seem not to understand much else......maybe thats just me and my love of cats showing through :)......i suppose if you can look after 2 dogs and Anton you are well prepared for motherhood whenever that happens!!! :).....also is it wise to have both a male and female staffy in the house???......just keep writing Mellipop :)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Lady Meerkat said...

Take the little bugger to puppy training school. Failing that buy or borrow a book on dog training. Get on it right away!

When you say 'no' say it in a stern, growly voice.

When he misbehaves and you are trying to physically restrain him, avoid pushing at him with your hands, because he will interpret this as a pat. Instead grab him by the collar or scruff as this is what his mum would have done to keep him in check, while growling 'no' at him. Should work for Comanche as well. I hope she is snipped!

When they have been bad, after the reprimand, move away then call them to you sweetly, and reward them with affection. By coming to you after you've done this they are acknowledging that they were bad but you have forgiven them.

Yes, I've read all of this in doggy books and it does work. Get one now!!!

9:10 AM  
Blogger night-rider said...

Oh God, I just do not like to think about the smell of your place with two indoor dogs. The only thing worse than dog smell is wet dog smell - you better hope it doesn't rain anytime soon.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

You know the funny thing is, STAFFY'S DON'T GET DOGGIE SMELL!!!

My last dog was a Rottweiler, and yes, he did most certainly get doggy smell. There is somethng about the Staffy coat that doesn't breed that same stench, and doesn''t hold dirt. Maybe its because they have a really fine coat or something... But they sure don't smell like big stinky Labradors! I swear, if they did, I wouldn't have two of the buggers!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my uk online pet stores site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous teen school sex stories said...

``Maybe you know. Id have to bear tit in the middle of my own meal to shuthim up, regardless of who we might be entertaining.
true life sex stories
adult erotic incest stories
my first time stories
older women sexy stories
reverse prayer bondage stories
``Maybe you know. Id have to bear tit in the middle of my own meal to shuthim up, regardless of who we might be entertaining.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home