Monday, January 10, 2005

MELLIPOP IS THE BOSS

Ok, so my parents are coming over to visit in a couple of months and boy, am I looking forward to it. No really, I am. I'm going to pay them back for all those smug, self-serving parental torments I endured for 16 years. I have already started practising some of those age-old guilt-inducing sayings like, "While you're under my roof, you'll OBEY MY RULES!" and "Earn your keep. You're not paying board so get in there and DO THOSE DISHES". I will also make them take the rubbish bins out and pick up all the dog poo in the backyard. But best of all, I get to pull rank over the remote control.

And in the case of disobedience or dissent, I will hit them with my father’s favourite saying - “If you don’t like it, THERE’S THE DOOR!” Oh yes, it shall be fun. The tables have turned now, dear parents. Your asses are mine for ten whole days…..

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, you say that - but you'll fold the minute mum starts rearranging your kitchen.


M
www.papertrap.net

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I love my daughter so much..she never did a dish in her entire life at home..her catch phrase was " It's my job to STUDY not do dishes "..

7:10 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yeah - well YOUR daughter was obviously a lazy, spoilt brat.

I, on the other hand, was the perfect child.

Ha ha I'm kidding Mum - I know that was your smart-ass comment .....!

How dare you mislead the Mellipop audience with your slanderous nonsense! I can remember doing the dishes on at least ONE occasion in my 18 or so years at home.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Right - that's it.....

When you get over here YOU ARE GROUNDED FOR ONE WHOLE WEEK!

That'll teach you to sass me, woman.... Or do I need to wash your mouth out with soap instead? I still remember that you know. I'm emotionally scarred...

7:28 PM  
Blogger night-rider said...

Hah! If you ever reach the exalted state of motherhood you will realise it is a mother's bounden duty to ensure her children (particularly the talented ones) grow up scarred so they can blame all their future shortcomings on mum, thus absolving themselves of any uncomfortable responsibility for their own actions/decisions/inactions. It's just one more way we selflessly do anything to make our kids feel good.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home