Saturday, January 15, 2005

MELLIPOP GETS PHYSICAL

OK, so what's the ettiquette when you physically threaten a mate's girlfriend?

It's now been TWO WHOLE WEEKS since that fateful New Years Eve and I've still yet to hear from my best mate. Not a single phone call, email, SMS or AVO (that's a restraining order, for those of you who just missed the punchline there..)

I mean c’mon – it’s Mellipop here! I am an absolute pussy when it comes to physical intimidation. I WAS JOKING! I haven’t hurt anyone physically since I seriously kneed my brother in the balls when I was 10. And he’s sired two children since then SO THERE WAS NO PERMANENT DAMAGE DONE! I mean, he started it anyway….

Ok, so here’s a quick NYE re-cap for new Mellipop users. Put yourself in my shoes. So I call my cobber in Sydney on NYE and he puts his new girlfriend on the phone, whom I’ve never met or spoken to before. We say hello and chat for a bit about how great this guy is. All very amiable. Then I threaten to break her legs if she dumped him. That’s all.

I WAS JUST BEING PROTECTIVE! I WAS TRYING TO BE NICE!

What if I told you that she called my mother a whore? What then, huh? Ok, so she didn’t actually SAY that my mother was a whore. Or even IMPLY that my mother was a whore. Or allege that my mother was in any way at all connected with the Sex Industry. In fact, she didn’t really say anything nasty about me OR my mother at all. But my point is, SHE COULD HAVE! I mean, that conversation was just getting WAY OUT OF HAND!

You understand, don’t you Baz?

So all my closest mates are blokes, right. To be honest, I love meeting their new girlfriends because they often find me a little bit intimidating and most-likely suspect that if I haven’t already slept with their boy during the course of our longstanding history, then I am already hatching sinister plans to add that puzzlesome sexual oversight to my current To-Do list.

So for the record, can I just state for all past, present and future girlfriends of my best mates:

I HAVE NOT SLEPT WITH A SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

They’re all yours girls, unsullied by the evil taint of Mellipop….. Enjoy!

Maybe I probably should apologise to my mate for the NYE incident, though. Maybe…. OK. So I’ll apologise. LOOK, I’M REALLY SORRY I THREATENED TO BREAK YOUR GIRLFRIEND’S LEGS.

She knew I was joking, right?

And YOU know I’m joking, right Baz?

I DID like her, you know. She seemed like a nice girl. I mean, you KNOW I'm a deadset twat, but that's why you love me, right?

Call me B…. xoxox

8 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

LOL - people just get so over emotional over threats of bodily harm. No sense of humour.

Personally i think it was a great vote of confidence in their relationship and you were just insuring the relationship lasted a long long time ... or promoting the manufacture of Australian made wheelchairs and crutches.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See! Now my man Drakk, he gets it!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, you're a nut. The best way to mend things is to try and get your friend to explain that to her.



Mark
papertrap.net/

8:08 PM  
Blogger Disappearing Boy said...

Personally, I think you should send an apology card to the girl in questions. Along with a miniature crutch, tastefully made out of polished sandalwood. It would make a great conversation piece on the mantlepiece.

Or perhaps a severed horses head, in keeping with your fiesty Italian blood-line ;P

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Dissapiring boy about the cruch, and the severd head. I think It was ok to tell her that you would break her legs it's what any good firend would do. I can't belive she toke you seriously, but maybe it was your italin heritige that made it so intimidating * looks at Mellipop questioningly raise eyebrow * do you have mob ties?

10:21 AM  
Blogger Disappearing Boy said...

The really funny thing is - most of the girlfriends in question don't even know the wanton, platinum dyed, hard-drinking, slinky jeans 'n' high-heeled-boot wearing Mellipop of yore ! Man, if they feel threatened now just think how they would have felt if they'd been in your mates lives back then ! :)

Hmmm ... y'know, I think I'm starting to see why certain previous partners of mine found you a bit intimidating back in HQ days ! hehe

12:23 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Ha ha yeah, the HQ days... That's when Anton used to call me the "VB Sponsor Girl". I think he secretly misses her, though...

7:02 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

BTW - I'm not one of those dirty southern Mafia Italians. My roots are in the north. I'm cultured, mate......!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home