Wednesday, December 29, 2004

MELLIPOP TURNS 28

Ok, so I'm not having a crisis this year. So I'm 28 and closer to the big three-o than I have ever been. Homo sapiens of many generations past would have felt pretty darn invincible to have reached my age so I really shouldn't complain. And the Sex in the City girls have made the thirties look like the place to be. Though in Manhattan, not Freo.

So I as yet have no concrete plans for today but I know that it somehow involves a home-baked chocolate fudge cake made from a Betty Crocker cake mix and a huge value pack of 24 Tim Tams, cooked by my very own Iron Chef-in-residence, Anton.

Tonight we are heading off to Leederville (think wannabe Newtown but without the grime and unusual dress code) to the outdoor cinema to see End of a Century, a doco about the Ramones.

Mum has already phoned for an extended chat - it seems I played the guilt card to perfection once more ;) ALL IN GOOD FUN. I'm really not the horrible, ungrateful child I appear to be. Not anymore, anyway....

Happy Birthday to Me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Disappearing Boy said...

Happy Birthday Sista !

Tried calling, but no answer. Big surprise there :) Have a look at the latest post over in disappearingboy land too when you get the chance - follow up from the stuff I was texting you about the other day. Let me know what you think !

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home