Saturday, December 25, 2004

LET'S PLAY PARENTAL GUILT

OK, so I call my parents this morning and the bloody buggers couldn't get me off the phone fast enough. Five minutes and a couple of Merry Christmases later and the Yuletide Power Chat was over before it even got started. It was long enough however, for my parent's to have had a mini-drama with a plastic kitchen appliance burning on an accidentally-switched-on stovetop.

So Happy Christmas Mum & Dad ! I'll send you both a postcard instead......;)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey baby the pressure was on for me to be perfect..Bloody 33 people on the way for lunch with every cooking appliance possible on and working at top speed and then the melting Easycook thing happening and everyone just standing there and saying "I can smell something burning". I'm sorry your christmas phone call was ruined just like my roast potatoes..Love you ..will call you tommorrow for your birthday and you can bugger me off in 4 minutes if it makes you feel better...Mum

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S..The last comment was posted on Tuesday the 28th December.
I do know your birth date.

12:22 PM  
Blogger night-rider said...

Happy Birthday to you for tomorrow Melli - hope you have a blast. By the way, how was your first grown up Christmas dinner? oxoxox

7:51 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I have to admit, Xmas just wasn't the same without being surrounded by annoying relatives and having to rush around all day to various venues to catch up with various other annoying relatives. Plus I missed the grand annual wind-up I usually give to my Dad on Xmas Day.

Our turkey turned out crap (is it supposed to be dry and stringy?) but we had a fab day down at the beach and it was too darn hot to eat anyway. Xmas dinner was iceblocks and white wine. Very adult!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home