Sunday, November 07, 2004

WHEN THE DRYER SHRINKS ALL YOUR CLOTHES

Ok, so it's crunch time. That time in every girl's life when she decides to starve herself in the name of shedding her winter coat before the beach season beckons. So every year it seems to get harder and harder to budge the few extra pounds one inevitably gains during the cold months.

I have spent the last two months doing the "hour at the gym every day" roundabout. To absolutely no effect. Besides PUTTING ON extra weight. Look, I don't care what anyone says. No-one puts on a kilo of muscle every week. So I'm adding a "calorie-restricted" food regime to my regular exercise regime. No more of Anton's divine cooking.

Cereal for brekkie. Sandwich with fruit for lunch. No carbs after 5pm. Salads and lean meat for dinner. NO MORE BEER!!! Plus I got sucked into buying some herbal crap that promises to increase my metabolism, increase fat burning, reduce calorie absorption and reduce my carb cravings...

But most importantly, I'm using public humiliation as my arch-motivator. So, in the interests of transperancy, I will be "weighing in" every time I do a blog entry.

TODAY: 59 kg

GOAL WEIGHT: 54 kg

TIMEFRAME: 4 weeks

So there we go. Boring blog-material, I know. I promise much better next time. It's just that Australian Idol is starting soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amelia said...

Just ask Anton to cook divinely scrummy low fat food! At least 5 kilo's isn't too much to lose!


I will not spam your comments this time. :)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Disappearing Boy said...

So we're not going for the 'sushi, ciggies & spirits' diet this year ? :)

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

59 kilos... 54 kilos.

That's almost one tenth of your body weight.

Women are weird.


~etc.
[papertrap.net]

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh... i need to do the same thing. unfortunately my dieting is mostly just eating one bowl of ramen and noodles at lunch and then drinking diet pepsi for tea. i'm lazy, yes, but i lose weight when i do it. :/
girls ARE weird.
bree
http://www.livejournal.com/users/thestonefox

1:10 AM  
Blogger night-rider said...

Please don't allow embarrasssment over your failure to reach your weight-loss goal to deprive us of your company!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home