Tuesday, November 30, 2004

ROMANCE AND EMAIL DON'T MIX

Ok, so I am never trying to do the whole ”romantic” thing ever again. It invariably just ends in embarassment.

So I’m at work today and I get some divine inspiration (not of the sausage-variety this time) and decide that I’m going to send Anton an email, telling him that I will be taking him on a surprise date on the weekend.


Hey Sweetie,

I am asking you out on a date for this weekend. Saturday or Sunday - you decide!

We will be getting on a train and doing fun things and I will buy you lunch.

Not telling you where we are going. It's not go-cart racing.

Love, Mel xoxoxoxooxox



Cool, right. Slightly corny, but cool. So I haven’t heard back from Anton all day and thought I’d give him a call, directing him to check his goddamn email. And of course, my email never arrived. Nor did it get bounced back as having been sent to a non-existent address so it never crossed my mind that he might not have received it.

A quick “let’s just check where I sent the bugger” later, turns out I sent the email to a certain aseisun@hotmail.com, which is, in fact, NOT Anton’s email address.

So in effect, all I can assume is that some random guy (or girl) called aseisun will have received an email today with the jaunty little subject line proclaiming MEL IS TAKING YOU ON A DATE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

And that initial feeling of euphoria at the prospect of feeling loved and desired will gradually dissolve into disappointment on realising that sadly, they were not the intended recipient of its romantic promise. Or have them desperately racking their brains trying to work out if they know of any Mel who may happen to have a crush on them.

Romance is tough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Silly sausage!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yeah - and you're going overseas to teach a bunch of foreigners how to speak English. Those poor bloody Koreans!!!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home