Wednesday, November 24, 2004

HELP ME I MIGHT BE DYING

LOOK, I KNOW IT'S CRAP BUT IT'S A POST..... I DO HAVE MANY GOOD IDEAS AT THE MOMENT YOU KNOW. I REALLY DO.

Ok, so I spent another whole sunny 31 degree Sunday in bed with a migraine, when I should have been at the beach. Things are not good. There was a time a few years back when for some mystical reason, I’d be struck down with a migraine at around 2pm every Monday. I only noticed the trend because it would strike during my Sociology of Disability tutorial, a class I truly despised, with a lecturer who would speak in an endless succession of bullet-points which he would transcribe to a whiteboard. For the whole two-hour class.

So I would come to truly dread this time of the week, and often used my migraine-induced misery to cut class and stagger home. But now the buggers are striking on a Sunday and I won’t stand for it. Not on church day..... The Church of Slack.

This week, the experiment is to cut out all units of coffee and alchohol, and pray to the Archangel Raphael to heal me….. Alternatively, I have a back-up stash of a wonderful painkiller called Codalgin, the most kick-ass over-the-counter relief you can get. The buggers knocked me out in about 5 minutes last night. I missed the final of Australian Idol but was pleased to finally have dropped out of the 12-hour marathon of pain and nausea I’d been slogging out all day.

And now I keep getting unrelated nausea and dizziness. P.S. Spare me the pregnancy jokes.

Sickness is weakness. I hate weakness. I hate being sick. I’m never sick. I am not sick. I am a Nietzschean Superman!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home