Monday, November 29, 2004

CONDITION DOWNGRADED FROM DYING TO JUST PLAIN BORING

Ok, so in what I promise is the final word on my recent ill-health, I was a wee bit better on Sunday. Two Nurofen and two kick-ass Codalgin later and I was OK to potter around the house doing the dishes and folding the laundry, in between strenuous sessions on the couch with the entire series six of Sex in the City, fresh out of its wrapper.

So I was OK this weekend, but poor old Anton had a shocker.

Friday evening: Anton locks his keys in the car. He is not a member of the RACV or whatever they are called in Perth. Luckily, I make my first ever successful attempt at breaking into a car with a coathanger. Well, it was a two coathanger affair but I did all the intricate work.

Saturday:

1) While I am second-hand book shopping on Saturday morning (trying to replace a book my bloody dog ate), Anton heads out in search of some classic boy comfort food - the bacon and egg roll. Hard to beat, and hard to fuck up, really. This one - by his account - was one of the worst. Fatty bacon, bland BBQ sauce, stale bread roll. Plus it came with an unexpected condiment - a greasy price sticker, smack bang in the middle of it. Now, I would have been the first to rush back into the store, complain loudly in front of all their customers, possibly vomit, demand a refund and threaten them with a visit from the health inspectors. What does Anton do? He takes the price sticker out and finishes the rest of it....Then complains about it to me for the next half hour.....

2) Down at the beach in Freo with the dog. At one point, Anton screamed and ran back onto the beach saying that something bit him on the little toe. A crab, perhaps. I applied my limited First Aid skills by looking eagerly for gushing blood or a deep laceration, but alas, there was no visible wound. My response was subsequently to laugh disdainfully and wonder quietly to myself what kind of wuss man I've hooked up with. However, by Sunday, his poor little toe was as bright red and twice it's usual size.....

Sunday: Anton gets robbed at work by an Aboriginal kid, who makes $700 for his troubles.

Nothing interesting happpened to me, as usual.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That has to be one of the saddest stories I've ever heard... poor Anton! And no yummy Oporto Bondi burgers available to make up for the dodgy bacon & egg roll!! - Aimz

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home