Tuesday, October 26, 2004

UNINSPIRED WHINE - APOLOGIES

Ok, so I’ve started working at the record store and yesterday was my second day. I got a lecture from the area manager for standing with my arms behind my back. Apparently, when we are dealing with customers we are not to do that. I am sure that management would prefer that I had my hand in the man’s back pocket, with a firm but friendly grip on his wallet. I mean, that’s the kind of pushy sales tactics that they promote.

And I still haven’t been register trained so it’s a matter of stumbling and bumbling my way though each transaction, looking like a right bimbo to customers in the process. “OK, sir, that new Jessica Simpson CD single will be $4.95 thank you. Fuck! I fucked up on the till again! I have a Social Science degree, you know. My lecturer almost begged to me to do honours. Have a good day!”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home