Tuesday, October 19, 2004

A TOUCH OF SYDNEY NOSTALGIA

Ok, so not much of note to report. I have that second interview thingy to go to today, and I start doing casual shifts at Virgin from Thursday. So it's a bit of money, but most of all it's a bit of hope. I'm kinda getting over the Howard Hughes shut-in thing.

Will post a full report of interview shenanigans later this evening, suffice to say some emergency shopping on the weekend took care of my office-wear dilemma. I mean, in my last very fabulous job (an independent music label in Sydney, for the unacquainted) there was no such thing as Rockman's Work to Wear coture. I wore the same jeans and dirty old pair of trainers every day. In summer, I'd pull out the sarong, bikini top and singlet with thongs. Sigh.....

This will also be the first time in years that I will miss their classic Melbourne Cup Day BBQ. Because I'm such a lazy bugger and an alcoholic to boot, I'd always be one of the select few who refused to go back to work and would sit outside the office in the carpark drinking champagne afterwards, talking shit in increasingly loud decibels for the rest of the afternoon, while the more responsible amongst us would head back to work upstairs....Sigh.....

My bosses were very cool....I mean, how many bosses would hold your hair out of the way while you were vomiting in front of the office after a big session at the pub on the corner and then drive you home and deliver you personally to a very bemused flatmate (Hi Nick!) even though you couldn't remember what apartment number you lived in? And not fire your drunken ass the next day! Mind you, both my bosses saw me drunk more times that I can remember...In fact, one of them in particular heartily encouraged my drinking....It was that kind of team...Sigh.....

Yeah - I was a real asset to that company! Just for the record. I didn't get fired....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha, i remember that...

- nicholas

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...leaving that company put it into a dive that i don't think it will ever recover from......life goes on as they say but not in the warehouse!!!!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home