Thursday, October 07, 2004

MELLIPOP 2 MACLEANS 0

Ok, so I’m just a tiny bit chuffed. My faith in the almighty power of the consumer has been rekindled and the fledgling flames of revolution have been fanned by this humble blog. (See “A Consumer, Scorned”, posted September 30).

So my sister-in-law sends me an email thanking me for my hard-hitting “expose” on Macleans Tooth Whitening Strips. You see – she too almost succumbed to the same seductive advertising spin that stole my hard-earned coin and left me to choke on my righteous anger. And this woman has two children to feed. Shame on you Macleans!

Thanks to your intrepid reporter (that’s me, BTW), this hardworking Mum chose the truth over lies. She “Just Said No” to corporate deceit and falsely-promised whiter-teeth. Mellipop, revolutionary and poet!

And I quote:

“I was glad to read about your experience with Macleans whitening strips because I was going to buy some but now I won't be touching them.”

There’s one less unit sale to count up at the end of the year. Shove that up your Marketing Department, Macleans!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!! If you can't stick it Johnny, you might as well find someone to stick it to.

Mark
[papertrap.net]

11:33 PM  
Blogger Lady Meerkat said...

Being on the dole I was put off by the price of the Colgate whitening paste. According to my sister it doesn't work either (the whitening paste, not me, I found some casual work :D). I tried Pearl drops whitening but I'm not sure if it worked. Better to not be sure than sure it didn't work I guess :P

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home