Wednesday, October 20, 2004

BREAKING THE INTERVIEW LAND SPEED RECORD

OK, so I didn't get the interview fireworks I was expecting and was actually left rather bemused and bewildered after a whirlwind 12 minute interview. 12 minutes. Thankfully a repeat of many of the same questions I was asked last time so I could almost pretend as though the last one never happened. There I was, my mojo working, thinking that I was so gonna impress her this time, though getting the sense that yet again, something was wrong.

And there was. She kept looking at her watch, interrupting my answers to ask other questions and her colleagues kept popping their heads in the doorway, giving her pointed looks until she finally 'fessed up that she had another meeting scheduled. Great. Thanks for coming I'll call you in a few days. In her hastle to shuffle me out to the street I did manage to ascertain that she was interviewing two other candidates for the role, later in the week. And dammit, I bet they'll have more than my meagre 12 minutes to wiggle it around.

Oh well. Turns out the only reason I got a second shot at the title anyway was that my fabulous boss of the previous post gave me a fabulous reference, though neglecting to mention any prior scenes of vomiting, drunkenness or other violations of the Occupational Health and Safety act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home