Tuesday, September 28, 2004

WELCOME TO MELLIPOP

HELLO THERE BELOVED EX-PATS!

Welcome, sorely missed compadres, to the first instalment of the ongoing life of Mellipop (& Friends) in Perth. Half travelogue-blog, half excuse to neglect emailing everyone individually, I hope you’ll punch in from time to time and keep the morphic fields lubricated. Or at least so you can shake your head and murmur self-righteously into your crappy Sydney beer, “I knew that moving to WA was but the grandest in that series of dire mistakes constituting that crazy girl’s life” (Hi Mum & Dad!).

A SHORT WORD ON BLOGS FOR THE UNINITIATED

A brief warning before we continue. For those as yet unacquainted with the phenomenon, blogs (abb. web logs) are rambling, self-absorbed and in many cases downright boring.

To cover up for my complete lack of literary talent and imagination, I usually jazz up my writing using obscenity and gratuitous sexual references for cheap laughs and shock value. Sorry to disappoint you folks, but Mellipop’s got her best church shoes on this time around… OK, so my Mum has this web address. In fact, one of the main reasons I established this site was to stop her from phoning me from Sydney all the time…. Love you Mum ;)

P.S. Mum & Dad – Offensive language is used sparingly and only in cases where absolutely necessary…. Please don’t bother with mock-outrage or lectures on manners and proper speech. Just remember - the kind of folk who are reading this anyway are good friends of mine and quite well acquainted with my dirty mouth. I tell them I got it from you guys anyway ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Had to change some settings on your blog so anybody can comment, not just blogger users...

what can i say except the medium has finally found its messenger. and i'm humming the mellipop song.

- Nicholas

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Ms.Mellipop ... great to see the first entry is nothing less than the stream of consciousness we've all come to know and adore ! Although yes, I definitely sense the the hand of self-censorship at work when it comes to the usual level of profanity we're accustomed to, for obvious reasons. Will think of you next time one of the lovely wogboys that seem to work at all my local pubs (hmm ... parramatta ... what else can I expect really) tries to serve me a schmidi :)

Oh and watch this space ... ever the follower, I might succumb to the blogging urge shortly too, coz you're right it beats individual emails and I'm nothing if not lazy !

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home